Volunteers are at the core of Watermelon Mountain Ranch. Your skills and talents are always in need. There are so many ways to help at the ranch including photographing animals for our web-site, helping with laundry, gardening and so much more.
Log In to VOLUNTEER MATRIX for current volunteers: CLICK HERE
Ready to get involved?
1. Participate in one of our Saturday “Volunteer Orientations.” They occur on the 2nd and 4th Saturday of each month. Take a half-hour tour to learn about our facility and mission.
**ORIENTATION FOR MAY 27th HAS BEEN CANCELLED IN OBSERVANCE OF MEMORIAL DAY**
- Before coming out, it’s a great idea to complete our volunteer application. You can download it here and bring it with you. For driving directions please look under our “contact us” page.
- If you are under 18 years of age, please have a parent or guardian sign your application prior to volunteering. If you are under 16 years of age, a parent or guardian will need to be with you at all times while volunteering.
- After you’ve done the tour, volunteers are welcome Wednesday – Sunday between 10am and 4pm. "Seasoned Volunteers" are welcome to come out and volunteer on Monday & Tuesday from 10am-4pm as well.
- Once you have completed volunteer orientation you will receive log in information for our online volunteer sign in system (if you provided an email address on your application). The link to log in and see all of the opportunities is HERE . Click and find out about all of the different opportunities coming up!
2. Community Service Volunteers
- If you are volunteering for school/community benefits please attend one of our Saturday orientations.
- If you would like to volunteer as a group (school, church, company, scouts, etc.) please contact our volunteer coordinator to set-up a tour and project 505-620-2291 or firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Volunteer Guidelines
- Dress Code
- No Short Shorts (they must be mid thigh length)
- Close Toed Shoes (No Flip Flops/No Sandals/No Ugg Style Boots)
- No see through or revealing clothing
- Tshirt style shirts are recommended
- Dress in Layers during the cooler months
- Things to Bring with You
- Great Attitude!! And a Smile!!
- Bottled Water (it can get hot and hydration is important!)
- Snacks (especially if you will be at the ranch a good amount of time)
- Sunscreen (especially during the summer)
- Things to Leave at Home
- Treats (our dogs are on diets and are well fed)
- Personal Pets of any kind
- Electronic Devices (we have plenty to keep you busy!)
- No Ear Buds/Headphones- this is for your safety and the animals.
4. Court Ordered Community Service
- If your are coming to the ranch to complete court ordered community service hours, many of the same rules apply.
- Must be over 16 to complete your hours, without a parent or guardian. If you are under the age of 16, a parent or guardian must be on property while you complete your hours.
- You are welcome to complete your hours (7) days a week between 9am and 4pm.
- The same dress code does apply
- A Court Ordered Community Service Form must be completed the first day you com to complete your hours. If you are under the age of 18, your parent or guardian must also sign this form.
- Please bring any related paperwork concerning the completion of your hours, each day you come to the ranch.
Below are just some of the jobs we need volunteers for. If there is something different you can offer that is not listed here, please let our volunteer coordinator know at email@example.com