Vet Tech/ Assistant
Full Time Position located at our Main Campus
· Care for boarding and hospitalized animals, including cage cleaning, exercising, feeding, observations for signs of illness, laundry, bathing procedures, and keeping animals clean.
· Assist Veterinarian(s) in patient care and medical treatments including but not limited to: medication administration, vaccine administration, acquiring laboratory samples, processing in-house and reference lab samples, anesthesia monitoring, dental prophy, surgical preparation, critical/emergency care and triage.
· Assist in cleaning the vet clinic including but not limited to: laundry, floors, taking out the trash, cleaning treatment areas, surgery, exam rooms, kennels, and quarantine areas.
· Assist in the intake of new animals onto the property. This to include but not limited to: administering appropriate vaccinations, physical exam, verify microchip if any, complete proper intake paperwork, and ensure vitals are properly recorded in the computer based system.
· Assist Vet Clinic Manager and Licensed Veterinarian with clinical/surgical procedures. This is to include but not limited to: prepping animals for surgery (expressing bladders, shaving appropriate areas etc.) proper and safe sedations of animals, monitor animals during sedation and surgery, monitor animals as they come out of anesthesia. Also, to include completion of surgical dental cleaning and any other procedures as deemed necessary by the licensed Veterinarian.
Required Key Skills:
· Surgery experience a plus
· Basic computer skills to include: Microsoft Office products, web based programs, email and web searches online.
· Must possess good critical thinking and problem-solving skills
· Compassion for animals and colleagues
· A positive attitude
· Excellent communication skills
· Teamwork skills
· Multi- tasking and accepting constructive criticism.
· Punctuality is a must.
Qualified candidates please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
A position is open at our main campus in Northern Rio Rancho. We are looking for someone who is a dedicated team player, organized, loves animals, and is looking for a career in animal shelter management. This is a very busy position and vital to the overall operation of the Ranch.
Job Duties Include (but not limited to):
• Effective communication with overall ranch team and upper management
• Competency with Microsoft Office programs is a must and willing to learn additional shelter software
• Must be able to manage time effectively and work under varying amounts of pressure
• Self-driven and motivated
• Administration duties including monitoring/maintaining supplies, operation of all equipment, assemble adoption folders
• Public Outreach – maintain multiple email accounts including animal surrenders and general inquiries.
• Position reports directly to Ranch management.
Self-driven. Work well independently.
Punctuality is a must.
Problem Solver, multi-tasker
Work calm under pressure
Professional, compassionate demeanor, must love animals
Greet visitors, communicate with departments
Schedule is Monday-Friday, 10am-4pm
Shelter/vet clinic experience a plus!
About Watermelon Mountain Ranch
WMR is the largest no-kill animal shelter in New Mexico. The position is located at the Ranch in Northern Rio Rancho, NM, very close to Cleveland High School. We have an onsite Vet Clinic and multiple buildings on a 10-acre ranch, as well as four other locations in the Rio Rancho and Albuquerque area.
Interested applicants please send cover letter and resume to Sophiawmr@aol.com.
No phone calls please. Qualified candidates will be contacted.
Animal Caretaker/Retail Sales Associate (2 positions)
Full time position open at our Cottonwood Mall resale shop and adoption Center for a responsible and compassionate animal lover to care for pets in our adoption center and assist customers shopping the resale store located inside of Cottonwood Mall! This adoption center primarily focuses on small breed dogs, shy dogs, and senior cats who might not do well in a larger animal shelter setting. This location is an adoption center and retail shop.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure that animals have fresh food and water at all times.
• Full sanitation of kennels routinely - removing animal waste, spilled food, hair, and other debris from the kennels.
• Accompany animals on walks and exercise breaks.
•Assist adopters, donors, and public with questions about the animals.
• Assist and work alongside volunteers on both animal adoption side and retail shop.
• May be asked to help with animal transports to-and-from adoption events, veterinary appointments, etc.
• Assist with the intake and processing of donations, issue receipts and record all information
• Assist in setting up merchandising displays
• Helping customers with questions
• Maintaining a clean store
This is a FULL-TIME position, 10am-6pm.
Days negotiable, but some weekend availability required.
Please send resume to email@example.com. No phone calls.
We are seeking responsible, reliable, and compassionate people to work full-time as kennel staff at our main facility in northern Rio Rancho OR at our Adoption Center inside Cottonwood Mall.
The right fit for this position will understand that animals in our care are fully dependent on staff — from their meals to their safety, they rely on us! Many of our animals have been let down by humans before, and we have made a commitment to them that will never happen again. Please apply if you are aware of the weight that carries and are committed to showing up for them.
The position of Kennel Attendant is a very important one and the employee must be prepared to provide the utmost care of WMR animals and ensure their safety and comfort at all times.
• Must be willing and able to work with large breed canines
• Transporting animals to and from the kennels. (Must be willing and able to lift 50lbs unassisted.)
• Ensuring that the animals have ample, fresh food and water at all times.
• Cleaning animal waste, spilled food, hair, and other debris from the kennels.
• Disposing of trash in a timely manner.
• Accompanying animals on walks, if required.
• Calming animals who are in distress.
• Evacuating all animals if an emergency occurs.
• Assist adopters, donors and public on tours of Ranch and dog kennels when needed
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Previous experience caring for animals is a plus!
• Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Physically fit and agile.
• Capacity to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted.
• A passion for animal welfare.
• Available to work weekends and public holidays, if required.
RESUME REQUIRED! Please email our founder, Sophia, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please. We look forward to hearing from you!