Watermelon Mountain Ranch Animal Center is looking for a dedicated cat person to join the team at our main facility in Northern Rio Rancho.
This is a vital position in the feline program and does require hands-on work with the cats!
Daily Duties to include (but not limited to):
• Feeding and ensuring felines have access to fresh water
• Cleaning and Sanitizing Litter Boxes
• Sweeping and Mopping Floors
• Wellness Checks on Felines in Various Cottages
• Assisting with Intake of New Felines to the Property
• Conducting Adoption Tours for Qualified Adopters
• Cleaning and sanitizing various housing cottages for felines
The cattery attendant will need great communication skills, as this person will be working along side the vet clinic team to ensure felines are receiving the quality care they deserve. There is bending at the knees and back that are required. Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds (cat litter bags/boxes).
Seeking both full AND part-time applicants! Applicants must be 18 years and older.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resale Store Attendant (Part-Time)
Seeking a detail-oriented team player to assist at our Town of Bernalillo Resale Store. From home goods and pet supplies to the occasional antique treasure, proceeds from our thrift shop go directly toward funding the rescue and the care of the animals in need.
Job Duties Include (but not limited to)
Warmly greet donors and assist them with unloading donations.
Always thank donors for their support
Accurately sort donations, keeping in mind style, quality, and quantity that best meets our sales goals (knowledge of fashion, brands, and pricing is a plus!)
Promote sales by setting up displays and organizing merchandise
Assist customers with questions and purchases
Ability to lift 50 lbs
MUST be a self starter who is willing and able to regularly lift boxes. Experience in nonprofit thrift a plus!
Part Time position: Days Wednesday, Thursday, Fridays & Saturdays 10am-4pm. Sometimes Tuesdays are needed if large amount of donations arrive.
Qualified candidates please submit resume to email@example.com
We are seeking responsible, reliable, and compassionate people to work full-time as kennel staff at our main facility in northern Rio Rancho OR at our Adoption Center inside Cottonwood Mall.
The right fit for this position will understand that animals in our care are fully dependent on staff — from their meals to their safety, they rely on us! Many of our animals have been let down by humans before, and we have made a commitment to them that will never happen again. Please apply if you are aware of the weight that carries and are committed to showing up for them.
The position of Kennel Attendant is a very important one and the employee must be prepared to provide the utmost care of WMR animals and ensure their safety and comfort at all times.
• Must be willing and able to work with large breed canines
• Transporting animals to and from the kennels. (Must be willing and able to lift 50lbs unassisted.)
• Ensuring that the animals have ample, fresh food and water at all times.
• Cleaning animal waste, spilled food, hair, and other debris from the kennels.
• Disposing of trash in a timely manner.
• Accompanying animals on walks, if required.
• Calming animals who are in distress.
• Evacuating all animals if an emergency occurs.
• Assist adopters, donors and public on tours of Ranch and dog kennels when needed
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Previous experience caring for animals is a plus!
• Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Physically fit and agile.
• Capacity to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted.
• A passion for animal welfare.
• Available to work weekends and public holidays, if required.
RESUME REQUIRED! Please email our founder, Sophia, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please. We look forward to hearing from you!