Full time position is open at our main campus in Northern Rio Rancho. We are looking for someone who is a dedicated team player, organized, loves animals, and is looking for a career in animal shelter management. This is a very busy position and vital to the overall operation of the Ranch.
Job Duties Include (but not limited to):
• Manage staff of 6-12 people
• Effective communication with overall Ranch team and upper management
• Competency with Microsoft Office programs is a must and willing to learn additional shelter software
• Must be able to manage time effectively and work under varying amounts of pressure
• Self-driven and motivated
• Administration duties including monitoring/maintaining supplies, operation of all equipment, vehicles.
• Oversee court ordered Community Service Program
• Public Outreach – maintain multiple email accounts including surrenders and general inquiries.
• Position reports directly to executive management.
• Must have management experience
• Self-driven. Work well independently.
• Punctuality is a must.
• Problem Solver, multi-tasker
• Work calm under pressure
• Professional, compassionate demeanor
• Schedule is full time, 5 days a week including Saturdays. Off days can be negotiated.
• Shelter experience a plus!
About Watermelon Mountain Ranch
WMR is the largest no-kill animal shelter in New Mexico. The position is located at the Ranch in Northern Rio Rancho, NM, very close to Cleveland High School. We have an onsite Vet Clinic and multiple buildings on a 10-acre ranch, as well as four other locations in the Rio Rancho and Albuquerque area. We highly suggest visiting wmranch.org to become familiar with our organization, our location, and all our programs prior to applying.
Salary is based on experience and the willingness to learn WMR operations.
Serious inquiries only. Interested applicants please send cover letter and resume to Sophiawmr@aol.com. No phone calls please. Qualified candidates will be contacted.
Cat/Kitten Adoption Counselor (Part-Time)
If you love cats and kittens and are looking for a part time job to help play match maker for some well deserving pets, then have we got the job for you!
Watermelon Mountain Ranch is looking for a responsible team player who has excellent customer service and can work Saturdays and Sundays 11am-3pm at one of our PETSMART Westside adoption centers. Duties include cleaning cat cages, feeding, socializing and cuddling the cats and kittens. You will assist potential pet parents in choosing a pet and walking them through the adoption process. Experience is helpful but a willingness to learn is just as important, we will train the right person!
Interested cat lovers email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We will get back to qualified candidates with an interview offer! Join Team Watermelon and make a difference in the lives of our cats and kittens.
Going to the Dogs & Cats Resale Store
Cottonwood Mall, ABQ, NM
(partial job description)
We are looking for a person with knowledge of retail merchandising, customer service.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Assist Adoption Center Manager with responsibilities
· Process all sales for the store through POS system
· Assist with setting up displays
· Helping donors unload donations
· Helping customers with questions
· Maintaining a clean store
· Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
· Close out register, reconcile daily accounting and create bank deposits.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Main Ranch in Northern Rio Rancho, NM
Transporting animals to and from the kennels.
Ensuring that the animals have ample, fresh food and water at all times.
Full sanitation of kennels - removing animal waste, spilled food, hair, and other debris from the kennels.
Disposing of trash in a timely manner.
Accompanying animals on walks, if required.
Calming animals who are in distress.
Evacuating all animals if an emergency occurs.
Assist adopters, donors and public on tours of Ranch and dog kennels when needed
Work with and assist volunteers and community service volunteers
Assist Vet Clinic with customer’s animal check in/out
High school diploma or equivalent.
Previous experience caring for animals will be advantageous.
Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Physically fit and agile.
Capacity to lift up to 50 pounds unaided.
A passion for animal welfare.
Available to work weekends and public holidays, if required.
Interested candidates please forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com