Animal Caretaker/Retail Sales Associate (2 positions)
Full time position open at our Cottonwood Mall resale shop and adoption Center for a responsible and compassionate animal lover to care for pets in our adoption center and assist customers shopping the resale store located inside of Cottonwood Mall! This adoption center primarily focuses on small breed dogs, shy dogs, and senior cats who might not do well in a larger animal shelter setting. This location is an adoption center and retail shop.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure that animals have fresh food and water at all times.
• Full sanitation of kennels routinely - removing animal waste, spilled food, hair, and other debris from the kennels.
• Accompany animals on walks and exercise breaks.
•Assist adopters, donors, and public with questions about the animals.
• Assist and work alongside volunteers on both animal adoption side and retail shop.
• May be asked to help with animal transports to-and-from adoption events, veterinary appointments, etc.
• Assist with the intake and processing of donations, issue receipts and record all information
• Assist in setting up merchandising displays
• Helping customers with questions
• Maintaining a clean store
This is a FULL-TIME position, 10am-6pm.
Days negotiable, but some weekend availability required.
Please send resume to email@example.com. No phone calls.
We are seeking responsible, reliable, and compassionate people to work full-time as kennel staff at our main facility in northern Rio Rancho OR at our Adoption Center inside Cottonwood Mall.
The right fit for this position will understand that animals in our care are fully dependent on staff — from their meals to their safety, they rely on us! Many of our animals have been let down by humans before, and we have made a commitment to them that will never happen again. Please apply if you are aware of the weight that carries and are committed to showing up for them.
The position of Kennel Attendant is a very important one and the employee must be prepared to provide the utmost care of WMR animals and ensure their safety and comfort at all times.
• Must be willing and able to work with large breed canines
• Transporting animals to and from the kennels. (Must be willing and able to lift 50lbs unassisted.)
• Ensuring that the animals have ample, fresh food and water at all times.
• Cleaning animal waste, spilled food, hair, and other debris from the kennels.
• Disposing of trash in a timely manner.
• Accompanying animals on walks, if required.
• Calming animals who are in distress.
• Evacuating all animals if an emergency occurs.
• Assist adopters, donors and public on tours of Ranch and dog kennels when needed
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Previous experience caring for animals is a plus!
• Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Physically fit and agile.
• Capacity to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted.
• A passion for animal welfare.
• Available to work weekends and public holidays, if required.
RESUME REQUIRED! Please email our founder, Sophia, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please. We look forward to hearing from you!