Kennel Supervisor and Kennel Attendant
The position of kennel staff is a very important one and the employee must be prepared to provide the utmost care of WMR animals and ensure their safety and comfort at all times.
Transporting animals to and from the kennels.
Ensuring that the animals have ample, fresh food and water at all times.
Cleaning animal waste, spilled food, hair, and other debris from the kennels.
Disposing of trash in a timely manner.
Accompanying animals on walks, if required.
Calming animals who are in distress.
Evacuating all animals if an emergency occurs.
Assist adopters, donors and public on tours of Ranch and dog kennels when needed
High school diploma or equivalent.
Previous experience caring for animals will be advantageous.
Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Physically fit and agile.
Capacity to lift up to 50 pounds unaided.
A passion for animal welfare.
Available to work weekends and public holidays, if required.
Interested candidates please forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Vet Assistant/Vet Tech
Full Time position open in our vet clinic at the Main Campus in Rio Rancho.
Must have surgery experience.
Location: Main Campus – Ranch, Rio Rancho, NM
The Administrative Assistant provides exceptional customer service and animal care counseling for customers of Watermelon Mountain Ranch.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer phone, e-mail, and in-person inquiries regarding shelter and clinic services offered by WMR, forwarding to management or veterinary staff as appropriate
- Schedule surgical services for public clients, rescues, and shelter partners
- Perform reminder and follow-up calls, forwarding to veterinary staff as appropriate
- Reconcile records and file medical paperwork for each day of business
- Book/schedule canine adoption appointments at the Ranch (via email)
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Educational Requirements
• A high school diploma
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
• Great organizational skills
• Ability to multitask and be self-driven
• The ability to provide quality customer service in a high-volume, stressful environment.
• Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to educate clients effectively in English
Physical and Time Demands
• Ability to work in a fast-paced setting with distractions
• Ability to work in the presence of animals, strong odors, and cleaning solutions
• Ability to stand, walk, bend, and lift and carry materials up to 40 lbs
• Ability to handle stress
• Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and reliable personal transportation
Interested parties should submit a resume, cover letter, and references to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line.
Caretaker/Security (PT or FT)
We are looking for someone (or couple) to join our team at the Ranch in Rio Rancho for Caretaker/Security duties. In exchange for duties, successful candidates will be provided with a rent-free RV and site with full hookups; power, water, sewer, and garbage services. Salary based on projects.
The duties listed below are only meant as a guide. Specific job duties and description to be discussed.
Assist staff with deliveries and stocking of food and supplies
Check and maintain all air conditioning/heating units, electrical, plumbing, etc. as required.
Repair, paint interior/exterior areas as needed.
Maintain all vehicles and equipment in good running order. This includes maintaining oil changes, tire rotation, etc.
Laundry from animals
Be an active member of the WMR Staff and represent WMR in the best possible way.
And other duties assigned by Ranch Manager.
Required Key Skills:
General knowledge of repair and maintenance duties
Investigative, curious, and willing to learn.
Driven to deliver superb customer service.
Friendly, considerate, and bright demeanor.
Must love animals, and comfortable around dogs, cats, coyotes, snakes.
Honest, forthright, and authentic.
Capable of prioritizing (and re-prioritizing).
Good communication skills
Clean driving record & means of transportation.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Eligible to work in the United States
Pass a background check
Speak English, bi-lingual a plus (Spanish)
Able to perform outdoor manual labor on a daily basis regardless of weather
Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
No phone calls please. Interested candidates please send cover letter, phone number, resume and references to email@example.com
Qualified candidates will be contacted.